The days are getting brighter and subsequently feeling longer, & gradually the weather is improving, thus the British Springtime is on its way, & for many that means it is time for some trips and holidays. Now whether that be a trip within the Great British Isles or overseas, both can involve long car journeys.
So in light of this we here at The Chiro Clinic we have constructed some tips that can help minimise the strain of driving on your lower back as well as other areas so you can make the most of your time away.
- Take advantage of the different adjustment handles you have within your car seat, firstly ensure that you have your seat angled slightly backwards, to approximately 30 degrees, but make sure that it feels comfortable
- Adjust the height of the seat so you can reach the pedals without having to stretch, you should be able to apply sufficient force by moving your ankles & require minimal movement of your legs
When your hands are resting on the steering wheel you should have a slight bend in both your elbows
- Ensure that the position of your mirrors are set to your specific needs so you can see all around your car easily simply by moving your eyes, this will minimise the amount of rotation you require from your neck
- Ensure your steering wheel does not obstruct your display panel
- Your seat belt should provide both safety and comfort therefore make sure that your seat belt does not rub against your neck or arm instead it should rest comfortably on your shoulder
Finally remember to allow sufficient time for your journey so you can enjoy a relaxed journey and have the opportunity to take breaks
For more information feel free to read the information provided on the British Chiropractic Association website
Have a great time
The Chiro Clinic